X12 Board Elections Scheduled for December 2021 – Application Period Open
X12 Board elections are scheduled for December 2021. X12 members will elect three directors to serve on the X12 Board for the 2022-2024 term. One seat must be filled by an X12 member representative and two are unrestricted, meaning they do not have to be filled an X12 member representative.
Applications are being accepted now through 5 pm ET on November 28th, 2021. Individuals who meet the criteria listed below may register their interest in serving on the X12 Board by submitting this online application form.
The Election Committee will review the submitted applications and select the candidate slate for the ballot based on these criteria and requirements.
Applicants for the X12 Board must:
- Satisfy the qualification requirements listed below.
- Represent a member whose representatives are entitled to serve in elected positions or be a non-member with a vested interest in X12’s mission and activities.
- Each elected director must represent a different organization. Therefore, an applicant employed by the same organization as a seated elected director shall not be eligible for the slate and only one candidate shall be permitted from any one organization regardless of the number of applicants from the organization.
- Not have any professional, volunteer, or personal interests that conflict with X12’s corporate interests
The Election Committee will determine the slate based on an applicant’s statements related to the following requirements:
- Meeting the criteria listed above.
- Executive leadership experience or corporate governance experience in a sector directly relevant to X12’s business or key areas of interest.
- The applicant’s executive leadership or corporate governance experience must demonstrate the applicant’s clear understanding of the complex challenges of enterprise leadership including an understanding the legal and corporate responsibilities of an independent Director of a U.S. corporation.
- Demonstrating a focus on organizational outcomes not operational details.
- Demonstrating commitment to X12’s mission and principles.
- Demonstrating the highest moral and ethical character, integrity, vision, objectivity, independent thought, and judgement.
- Offering qualities including intelligence, flexibility, inter-personal skills, flexibility, and communication skills.
- Willing to commit the time necessary to discharge Board duties, work cooperatively with other directors and with the organization’s senior management.
Questions may be submitted to email@example.com