X12 Fall 2021 Officer Elections
Since the Fall 2021 standing meeting will be conducted as a hybrid meeting, elections for all officer positions expiring at the end of the standing meeting will follow the process established for previous virtual-only standing meetings. This election process ensures:
- Consistency between groups so that member representatives and materially interested non-members alike understand the process and recognize it as reasonable and fairly administered.
- Preservation of voter privacy in elections. X12's corporate policy requires that electoral votes be anonymous so there is no chance of coercion or retaliation based on the election results.
- Suitable notice so that all qualified candidates have the opportunity to express interest in running for a position.
All positions filled during this election cycle are for a 2-year term, beginning October 6, 2021.
If you'd like to be considered for any of the officer positions listed below, review the qualifications listed on the online application form to be sure you meet the qualifications established for the position. If you meet the qualifications, submit the online application form by Sunday, September 19, 2021. All those interested in running for an officer position, including incumbents, must submit an application to be considered for the candidate slate.
After the application period closes, applications will be vetted based on corporate and committee policies to ensure each applicant is qualified to run for the position. If there are two or more qualified candidates for a position, the position will be filled via a 24-hour electronic meeting ballot conducted on Monday, September 27, 2021. If there are no qualified candidates for a seat it will not be filled. If one qualified candidate is running unopposed for a seat, the candidate will be considered via a general consent action of the applicable subcommittee.
Election results will be announced during the standing meeting.
Within the ASC, the following X12N groups will conduct chair or co-chair elections during the Fall 2021 Standing Meeting:
- TGA: Program Management Task Group
- TGA/WG1: Regulatory Advisory/Collaboration Work Group, one co-chair position
- TGB - Business Task Group, one co-chair position
- TGB/WG7 - P&C Policy Administration Work Group, one co-chair position
- TGB/WG15 - Provider Information Work Group, one co-chair position
- TGB/WG22 - Health Care Data Reporting Work Group, one co-chair position
- TGC - Technical Task Group, one co-chair position
- TGC/WG4 - Technical Design Work Group, one co-chair position
- TGC/WG7 - EDI Acknowledgements Work Group, one co-chair position
Questions may be submitted at x12.org/feedback.