Call for Applicants: ASC Chair and Vice-Chair
X12’s Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) will conduct elections for the Chair and Vice-Chair positions this fall. The elected officers will each will serve a two-year term and will assume office on October 7, 2021.
These positions carry great responsibility and require a considerable investment of time. Fulfilling the duties of these offices will require travel to standing meetings and may require additional travel from time to time. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the officer or the officer’s employer. Individuals considering applying to be included on the slate should factor the level of commitment required into their consideration and should ensure their employer understands and supports the requirements of the office.
The same candidate eligibility criteria apply for each office.
- Each candidate shall be a member representative entitled to hold elected office per X12 Membership (CAP04).
- An X12 member shall have no more than one representative serving as an elected officer in the committee. In other words, the chair and vice-chair of a committee shall not represent the same X12 member.
- Each X12 member is restricted to one officer candidate per election. In other words, an X12 member can’t have two member representatives running for the same position or a member representative running for the chair position and another member representative running for the vice-chair position.
- Each candidate shall demonstrate a robust understanding of the organizational, political, and technical aspects of the X12 organization.
- Each candidate shall demonstrate a robust understanding of the organizational, political, and technical aspects of the ASC.
Applications will be accepted from July 16, 2021 to August 16, 2021. The applicants will be vetted by a selection committee and qualified candidates will be included on the election slate.
If you have questions or comments related to the application process or election process, please submit them via X12’s online feedback form.