X12 Board Elections Scheduled for December 2019 – Application Period is Open
X12 is pleased to announce that Board elections are scheduled to open in December 2019. X12 members will elect three directors to serve on the X12 Board for the 2020-2022 term. Applicants are not required to be X12 member representatives. Two seats will be filled by a candidate that represents an X12 member and one seat may be filled by any qualified candidate.
Applications are being accepted now through 5 pm ET on December 02, 2019. Individuals who meet the criteria listed below may register their interest in serving on the X12 Board by submitting the online application, found at http://www.x12.org/forms/x12-board-of-directors-application/.
The Election Committee will review all applications and select the candidate slate, which will be announced prior to execution of the ballot.
Applicants for the X12 Board must meet the following criteria.
- Represent a member whose representatives are entitled to serve in elected positions or be a non-member with a vested interest in X12.
- Only one candidate will be selected from any one organization, regardless of membership status.
- Each elected director must represent a different organization. Therefore, an applicant employed by the same organization as a seated elected director shall not be eligible for the slate.
The Election Committee will determine the slate based on an applicant’s conformance to the following requirements:
- Meeting the criteria listed above.
- Demonstrating extensive and relevant leadership experience including an understanding of the complex challenges of enterprise leadership.
- Demonstrating leadership experience in sectors directly relevant to the organization’s business, or in professional disciplines pertinent to the organization’s key areas of interest.
- Demonstrating sufficient corporate governance experience to understand the legal and corporate responsibilities of an independent Director of a U.S. corporation.
- Demonstrating the highest moral and ethical character, integrity, vision, objectivity, independent thought and judgement.
- Demonstrating commitment to the mission and principles of the organization.
- Offering qualities including intelligence, flexibility, inter-personal skills, flexibility, and communication skills.
- Willing to commit the time necessary to discharge Board duties, work cooperatively with other directors and with the organization’s senior management.
Questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org